Becoming a Match Official
If you’re someone who is passionate about the beautiful game of soccer, wants to give back to the community, and looks forward to a new challenge, then consider becoming a match official. At Brams United, we offer mentorship and education sessions during the summer and winter seasons to help encourage and support new match officials! This is a great way to keep active, continue being involved in soccer, learn how to work in a professional manner and also earn a little extra pocket money.
Please contact our Manager of Match Officials, George, at email@example.com for ay inquiries
Step 1: Register to Become an Accredited Match Official
To referee for Brams United, ensure that you have registered for and attended one of the two following clinics:
|Course||Minimum Age to Attend Course||Division to
|Small-Sided Games Clinic||12 years of age as of March 31||5v5 and 7v7|
|Entry Level Clinic||14 years of age as of March 31||9v9 and 11v11|
Step 2: Sign Up for Power Up
- After you have successfully completed the match official course, ensure that you have a PowerUp To register your child as a referee, follow the sample guide (https://www.waterloounited.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/Creating-a-Referee-Account-for-your-Child-Power-Up-How-To.pdf)
- You will then need to submit an application to referee for fall/winter/summer seasons.
- Login to your account and click on Volunteer Now! on the left panel
- Select Game Official Application
- Select the appropriate season (e.g., Summer 2022, Winter 2022, etc.) for when you’ll be referring
- Once your application has been approved, you’re ready to input your availability for Brams United!
Step 3: Setting your Availability
Game assignments will be set 2 weeks prior to the scheduled game. Please ensure that your availability is updated and submitted two weeks in advance. If you are unsure, leave your availability as blank.
- Log into your PowerUP profile and select Referee as your role on the top left corner.
- Ensure that the appropriate Active Season is selected in the right-hand corner. Then click on Schedule at the top panel.
- Click on the appropriate month, and input your availability.
Keep an eye out for your email (including your Junk/Spam) to notify when you’ve been assigned any games. Games must be accepted within 48 hours of assignment. If the assigned game is not claimed within that time period, the game will be removed from your schedule
Note: Referees are not able to decline game after it has been confirmed into their schedule 48 hours prior to kickoff. If the referee is unable to officiate the match, it is the responsibility of the assigned referee to find a replacement or switch “shifts” with another referee. Any switching or replacement referees must be communicated to Club Head Referee