Consent for Use of Personal Information
I authorize the Canadian Soccer Association, Ontario Soccer Association, Peel Halton Soccer Association, and the Brams United Girls Soccer Club to collect and use personal information about me for the purpose of receiving communications from the Canadian Soccer Association, Ontario Soccer Association, District Association, League and Club.
I understand that I may withdraw such consent related to receiving communications at any time by contacting the OSA Privacy Officer at OSAPrivacyOfficer@soccer.on.ca or by mail to: Attention: OSA Privacy Officer, Ontario Soccer Association, 7601 Martin Grove Road, Vaughan ON L4L 9E4. The Privacy Officer will advise the implications of such withdrawal.
*We do not sell or distribute your personal information to any other third party not listed herein.*
Acceptance of Terms and Conditions
In consideration of the acceptance of my membership in the Ontario Soccer Association, District Association and Club, I, the participant agrees as follows:
- I understand that I cannot coach in any sanctioned soccer game until after this registration form has been validated and the registration data has been entered in The Ontario Soccer Association’s computerized registration system.
- I have reviewed the waiver attached and my signature affixed hereto indicates my agreement with such waiver
- I am aware of The Ontario Soccer Association, (insert name of your District Association), (insert name of your Club) and League bylaws, policies, rules and regulations and agree to abide by them and to be bound by them.
- I accept sole responsibility for my possessions and athletic equipment.
- I accept all liability for any damage to the coaching equipment caused by me or my careless, negligent and/or improper handling.
By accepting below you agree that you are the volunteer being registered and to be bound by this Legal Agreement even if you have not read this agreement.
ONTARIO SOCCER ASSOCIATION WAIVER AND RELEASE OF LIABILITY
(To be signed by coaches 18 yrs of age and older)
By signing this form you give up important legal rights. Please read carefully!
- This is a binding legal agreement. As a Participant in the programs, activities and events of the Ontario Soccer Association, their Districts, Leagues and Clubs, the undersigned acknowledges and agrees to the following terms.
- The Ontario Soccer Association, their Districts, Leagues and Clubs, directors, officers, members, employees, coaches, volunteers, officials, participants, clubs, agents, sponsors, owners/operators of facilities, and representatives (the “Organization”) are not responsible for any injury, damage or loss of any kind suffered by a Participant during, or as a result of, any program, activity or event, caused in any manner whatsoever including, but not limited to, the negligence of the Organization.
Description of Risks
- In consideration of my participation as a Participant in such programs, activities and events, I hereby acknowledge that I am aware of the risks and hazards associated with or related to soccer. The risks and hazards of soccer include, but are not limited to injuries from:
- Executing strenuous and demanding physical techniques in soccer;
- Dryland training including weights, running, and massage;
- Grass, turf and other surfaces including bacterial infections and rashes;
- Falls to the ground due to uneven or irregular terrain or surfaces;
- Collisions with walls and soccer equipment;
- Failure to properly use any piece of equipment or from the mechanical failure of any piece of equipment;
- Spinal cord injuries which may render me permanently paralyzed;
- Extreme weather conditions which may result in heatstroke, sunstroke or hypothermia;
- Contact, colliding or being struck by other participants, spectators, equipment or vehicles;
- Vigorous physical exertion and strenuous cardiovascular workouts;
- Exerting and stretching various muscle groups; and
- Travel to and from competitive events and associated non-competitive events which are an integral part of the organization’s activities.
- Furthermore, I am aware:
- That injuries sustained in soccer can be severe;
- That I may come into close contact with other participants, including the possibility of accidental and unexpected contact;
- That I may experience anxiety while challenging myself during the activities;
- That my risk of injury is reduced if I follow all rules adopted during training; and
- That my risk of injury increases as I become fatigued.
Release of Liability
- In consideration of the Organization allowing me to participate as a Participant, I agree:
- To assume all risks arising out of, associated with or related to my participation;
- To be solely responsible for any injury, loss or damage that I might sustain while participating; and
- To release the Organization from liability for any and all claims, demands, actions and costs that might arise out of my participating, even though such risks, injuries, loss, damage, claims, demands, actions or costs may have been caused by the negligence of the Organization.
Executing this agreement will not preclude you from accident insurance coverage, subject to the terms and conditions of The Ontario Soccer Association’s insurance policy.