Becoming a Match Official
If you’re someone who is passionate about the beautiful game of soccer, wants to give back to the community, and looks forward to a new challenge, then consider becoming a match official. At Brams United, we offer mentorship and education sessions during the summer and winter seasons to help encourage and support new match officials! This is a great way to keep active, continue being involved in soccer, learn how to work in a professional manner, and also earn a little extra pocket money~
Please contact our Manager of Match Officials, George, at email@example.com for any inquiries
Step 1: Register to Become an Accredited Match Official
To referee for Brams United, ensure that you have registered for and attended one of the two following clinics:
|Course||Minimum Age to Attend Course||Division to
|Small-Sided Games Clinic||12 years of age as of March 31||5v5 and 7v7|
|Entry Level Clinic||14 years of age as of March 31||9v9 and 11v11|
Step 2: Sign Up for Power Up
- After you have successfully completed the match official course, ensure that you have a PowerUp To register your child as a referee, follow the sample guide (https://www.waterloounited.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/Creating-a-Referee-Account-for-your-Child-Power-Up-How-To.pdf)
- You will then need to submit an application to referee for fall/winter/summer seasons.
- Login to your account and click on Volunteer Now! on the left panel
- Select Game Official Application
- Select the appropriate season (e.g., Summer 2022, Winter 2022, etc.) for when you’ll be referring
- Once your application has been approved, you’re ready to input your availability for Brams United!