BRAMS UNITED REFEREES
APPLY TO REFEREE WITH BRAMS UNITED!
If you’d like more information regarding become a match official/referee for Brams United Girls Soccer Club, register with Powerup.
How to Register:
- Select "Sign Up"
- Create a Profile
- Select "Volunteer Now"
- Select Referee
Once you are approved you will be contacted via e-mail.
WORKING WITH BRAMS UNITED
- Game sheets must be submitted to the club on a weekly basis.
- Game scores must be entered into the online Referee Game sheet submission Module within 2 hours of match completion.
- All fields on the game sheet must be filled in.
- A “Referee Claim Form” must be included with every submission.
- Only Brams United Girls Soccer Club games sheets will be permitted as verified documentation for games that have been officiated. Any and all other forms of game sheet submissions will not be accepted; No Game sheet, No payment.
- Payroll will be generated on a Bi-weekly basis.
- Payroll is conduct via Direct Deposit – void cheque must be submitted for payment
- Referees will be required to issue their timesheets by Monday for that pay period
- Brams United Referee Claim forms must be included to ensure payment is processed
- Game assignment will be generated 2-3 weeks prior.
- Availability must be submitted two weeks in advance. Only provide dates you are available to work. If you are unsure, please leave blank.
- Games must be accepted within 24 hours of assignment. If the assigned game is not claimed within that time period, the game will be removed from your schedule
- Referees are not able to decline game after it has been confirmed into their schedule 48 hours prior to kickoff. If the referee is unable to officiate the match, it is the responsibility of the assigned referee to find a replacement or switch “shifts” with another referee. Any switching or replacement referees must be communicated to both Referee Director and Referee Supervisor.
- Referees must attend ever game they’ve committed to officiating. If a referee is unable to officiate a game after attempting to alleviate the game with another referee, the assigned referee must contact both Referee Director and Referee Supervisor via email, text or telephone including a valid reason (eg. Illness, death in family, accident).
- If an assigned referee misses 1 game without valid reason or any communications, that referee will be suspended for 1 month.
- If an assigned referee misses 2 games without valid reason or any communications, that referee will be terminated for the remainder of the season. The referee may re-apply internally to officiate the following season pending review/interview.
Coaching Staff/Player Dismissal
- Verbal and physical abuse is not permissible – must be reported.
- If a coaching staff or player is ejected from game, the game must not resume until the player has vacated the premise.
- If you feel as though your safety is at risk during any time, abandon the game.
- There are 4 (four) types of reporting sheets if one of the following occur during a match: caution (yellow card), send-off (red card) referee assault form and special incident form.
- Report writing guidelines available here